Saturday, July 8, 2017

Scavenger Hunt!

In class on monday, we did an online scavenger hunt which consisted of looking for a bunch of randomly assorted information that is on the web. A lot of it relating to the teacher, Andrew! I was in a group of three since the teams didnt divide evenly. To be honest, my team mates had a little trouble finding a lot of the info so I actually answered over 80% of the questions. I had a lot of trouble at the end trying to find the married name of Andrew's middle sister. I thought of looking at his facebook info, his linkedin, and even family tree directories but I was unable to find anything. However, my partner called my attention and showed me a picture of the teacher with two other women. Lo and behold, they were his sisters. The hard part was discerning which one of them was the middle sister. So at this point we simply just had to make a guess and in the end we got it wrong. This experience was pretty fun and was a good test of finding any random information on the internet, it really proves that we can find almost anything on the web. But on the negative side of things, it also means that finding information about anybody is a lot easier than it looks. and we should be careful with the info that we put out there because once its up, it's almost a given that it's up there forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

STARTUP.COM DOCUMENTARY

In class, we watched a documentary about a company from it's startup to it's inevitable downfall. The company was called Govworks.co...