Tuesday, June 20, 2017

What I hope to get out of this class...

As a student majoring in computer science at UWT, I innately had an interest in technology as well as the internet. Taking part in this class would have given me the opportunity to learn more about networks, the internet/world wide web, as well as the history of the technology that has become so vastly used today. To be honest, I actually joined the class not only because of that interest but more so because of required credits as many others probably have as well. I needed 3 more credits to graduate and this class seemed relatively interesting enough for me to join. To my surprise, Fry seems very knowledgeable, versed, and passionate about the topic as well as the class in general. This really sparked my interest and now I hope to learn a lot this quarter through him. Anyways, as for what I hope to get out of this class is a couple of things.

1. To learn more about technology and the networking side of it (which isn't really focused on too much in the cs department so this class was a good opportunity for me to learn more about the subject)

2. To learn about what it means to be an entrepreneur and how to think like one. This isn't really even a specific focus in this class, but Fry who is an entrepreneur and someone who helps others succeed in business seems to have knowledge about that area and I hope to one day become an entrepreneur myself.

3. To learn about social communication. I'm pretty introverted and have a hard time communicating myself to others and hearing Andrew talk about stories and light up makes me want to learn to be more like that.

That's the end of my first blog post. Hope to learn a lot this quarter.

-Brendan

No comments:

Post a Comment

STARTUP.COM DOCUMENTARY

In class, we watched a documentary about a company from it's startup to it's inevitable downfall. The company was called Govworks.co...